Nov. 12 & 13, 2017 at 7 PM
Performances – January 12 – 28 2018
The Queen of Crime pays her annual visit to CCCT with the Hercule Poirot story Black Coffee. Sir Claud Amory’s revolutionary new formula for a powerful explosive is stolen. Locking his house-guests in the library, Sir Claud switches off the lights to allow the thief to replace the formula, no questions asked. When the lights come on, he is dead, and Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings have to unravel a tangle of family feuds, old flames and suspicious foreigners to find the killer and prevent a global catastrophe.
Auditions will consist of cold readings, be prepared to take notes and take risks. We look forward to having you!
For more information, please contact director Aprille Meek
cast of characters
- Sir Claud Amory – noted atomic scientist
- Richard Amory – Sir Claud’s son, quit the army lives with his father, has failed to earn any real money
- Lucia Amory – Richard’s wife, half Italian, half English
- Miss Caroline Amory – Sir Claud’s sister, an elderly lady of the old school fussy but kind
- Barbara Amory – Sir Claud’s niece, an extremely modern young woman
- Edward Raynor – Sir Claud’s secretary
- Dr. Carelli – Friend of Lucia’s, suave
- Hercule Poirot – retired Belgian police officer, the detective
- Captain Arthur Hastings (OBE) A friend and assistant of Poirot
- Inspector Japp – Scotland Yard also works with Poirot
- Dr. Graham – Sir Claud’s physician
- Tredwell – the butler
- Johnson – a constable
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES:
CCCT prides itself as being a place for people who have always wanted to get involved in theatre but never had the chance. We often cast people with little experience – our job is to serve our community by providing an artistic release for everyone. We’d love to have you join us
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”
Shannon Caldwell , The Galveston Daily News