Written by F. Andrew Leslie, from the novel by Shirley Jackson
Auditions August 30 & 31 at 7:00P.M.
Performance Dates: October 23 – November 8 2015
Auditions will consist primarily of cold readings, however a monologue geared towards the character you want is strongly encouraged.
Actresses wanting to audition for the part of Elanor should be ready to improvise a short scene where the audience starts to see the house taking it’s control over you.
Feel free to email director Robert Meek at rmeek@clearcreekcommunitytheatre for any questions you may have leading up to auditions!
Character Information: 3M/4F 7 characters in total
- Elanor Vance: 20′s-30′s. Shy, young woman whom is the most susceptible to Hill House’s influence. She has had a hard life and is somewhat damaged from it.
- Mrs. Dudley: Mid-to-late 50′s+. The caretaker of the home, very dry, serious. Offers the occasional comic relief in the show. ***This part can be played by a male or female***
- Theodora: 20′s-30′s. Laid back, fun, bohemian personality. She is pretty much the exact opposite to Elanor.
- Dr. Montague: 40′s+. The leader of this group, he is a paranormal investigator that has assembled the group to get to the bottom of Hill House’s mysteries.
- Luke Sanderson: 20′s-30′s. Luke is the heir to Hill House, he has been brought along to make sure that the investigation doesn’t do something that would jeopardize the house. He his charming and quick with a joke to try and brighten the mood.
- Mrs. Montague: 40′s+. Wife of Dr. Montague. She is bossy, arrogant, and fantastic. The more “spiritual” side to hunting for ghosts.
- Arthur Parker: 40′s+. He is the headmaster for a school, very bookish, and acts as Mrs. Montague’s personal assistant.
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”