No Sex Please, We’re British by Anthony Marriott and Alistair Foot
Audition Dates: February 7th and 8th at 7pm
Performances will be from April 8 – April 24, 2016
One of the most popular farces to hit the stage. It tells the story of a young bride who sends off a mail order for some Scandinavian glassware, but receives Scandinavian “adult materials” instead. The action escalates as more “adult material” arrives, and the husband and a befuddled friend bungle attempts to rectify the situation.
Auditions will consist of cold readings, however you are encouraged to bring a comedic monologue with a fair amount of physicality. We will be performing the show using British accents. Auditioning “with accent” is optional.
Character Information: 7M/4F – 11 characters total
(In Order of Appearance)
- Peter Hunter: 20s-30s – Recently married, he and his wife have just moved into the apartment above the bank that he’s been given the manager position at.
- Frances Hunter: 20s-30s – Peter’s wife, anxious to not be living at her husband’s place of work, she’s trying to find other ways of bringing money in so they can get their own place.
- Brian Runnicles: 30s-40s – The chief cashier at the bank, and Peter’s friend. Sometimes awkward, (“His toast to the bridesmaids had everything in it but a change in the Bank rate”) he tries to be a proper gentleman and a good friend to Peter.
- Eleanor Hunter: 50s-60s – Peter’s Mother, who stops by their apartment to stay for an unknown length of time, much to Frances’ dismay, though Eleanor doesn’t seem to realize the trouble she causes.
- Leslie Bromhead: 50s-60s – The district manager (basically Peter’s boss), very friendly, fond of Peter and looks out for him almost as a father would.
- Superintendent Paul: 40s-60s – Of the local police force, he pops in and out throughout the show as things get stranger and stranger at the bank, gets assigned to the pornography case.
- BRS Delivery Man: 20s-40s – Delivery man for a private delivery service (think FedEx/UPS)
- Another Delivery Man: 20s-40s -Non speaking role – helps carry in packages with the other delivery man.
- Mr. Needham: 40s-60s: A bank inspector who comes by on a “surprise” inspection. He sees himself as a “proper” British man, who wants nothing to do with the shenanigans going on by the end of Act II. He’s also an insomniac who needs a strong dose of “sleeping capsules” to get a good night’s sleep.
- Susan: 20s-30s – A call girl sent by the “Scandinavian Import Company” – the “leader” of the two, Susan completely misreads the situation they’ve walked into, leading to much of the chaos at the end of Act II
- Barbara: 20s-30s – A call girl sent by the “Scandinavian Import Company” – the quieter of the two.
- I’m interviewing crew members – if you’re interested being a part of this hilarious show but are more of a “behind the scenes” type person, feel free to drop by auditions and talk to me.
- Feel free to email director Thomas Meek firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions leading up to auditions.
Please invite anyone who you think may be interested in auditioning, all are welcome!
Clear Creek Community Theatre 18091 Upper Bay Road Nassau Bay, TX 77058
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”