Auditions: Sunday, May 20th & Monday, 21st
Clear Creek Community Theatre continues its Summer Shakespeare series with a bold re-imagining of one of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies, Macbeth. Returning home from battle, the victorious Macbeth meets three witches on the heath. Driven by their disturbing prophecies, he sets out on a path of murder and destruction.
Returning to direct is Robert Leslie Meek who has directed our last four Shakespeare productions (The Tempest, Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet, & Titus Andronicus)
Performances will run the middle two weekends of July (13-15 and 19-22)
Auditions will consist of mostly cold readings. A 1-2 minute Shakespearean monologue that matches the tone of the play and demonstrates an understanding of text is highly encouraged but not required. Please Bring a Resume and Head Shot if available. Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Sides are available for download here: MacbethSides
Many roles are open to all races and genders and many actors will play multiple roles:
- The Three Witches that haunt Macbeth
- Macbeth, tragic focus of the play
- Lady Macbeth, Macbeth’s wife
- King Duncan, King of Scotland
- Malcom, Son of King Duncan
- Donalbain, Son of King Duncan
- Macduff, Nobleman of Scotland, age 30-50, male
- Lady MacDuff, MacDuff’s wife
- MacDuff’s son
- Banquo, Loyal friend of Macbeth
- Fleance, Son of Banquo
- Lennox, Scottish nobleman
- Ross, Scottish nobleman
- Menteth, Thane of Scotland
- Angus, Thane of Scotland
- Caithness, Thane of Scotland
- Siward, Earl of Northumberland
- Young Siward, son of the earl
- Seyton, Macbeth’s chief servant
- Messengers, attendants, officers, lords and ladies, murderers and more!
We are always looking for technicians and stage hands to join our theatre, if you are interested in working behind the scenes please feel free to come out and talk to us.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES:
CCCT prides itself as being a place for people who have always wanted to get involved in theatre but never had the chance. We often cast people with little experience – our job is to serve our community by providing an artistic release for everyone. We’d love to have you join us
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”
Shannon Caldwell , The Galveston Daily News